Trees are one of the most vulnerable elements that will experience damages when storms and typhoons hit our place. They are very sensitive to high winds and heavy rains, especially when the trees are not healthy and have diseases. Apart from that, trees can be the source of injuries and fatalities when we do not prepare them beforehand. And of course, we cannot do the job all by ourselves. We cannot conduct tree pruning, trimming, and other procedures without tools and equipment. Instead of risking our life, it is best to call a tree trimming des Moines. With them, we will never worry about the condition of our trees during and after typhoons, storms, and hurricanes. Our tree will not experience too many damages and complications, which is a good thing!
Even though our trees might be in trouble when storms are present, we can reduce the damages we will experience. Here are the ways to prepare our trees for storms:
- First and foremost, you need to find the factors that make the trees vulnerable to typhoons and storms. Usually, when you plant your trees on rocky soils, the chances are high that they will be uprooted when storms arrived. The pests, insects, diseases will contribute to the weakness of your trees as well.
- Before planting your trees, choose species that can endure different weather conditions. You should select varieties that are native to your place. Prioritizing native species will not give you problems about the type of soil and weather you have in your area.
- Uprooted trees will bring lessons to your experience as tree owners. If you observed that some trees surrendered easily with rain and winds, avoid planting the same again. Re-plant tree types that can withstand ferocious winds and heavy rains.
- If you want your trees to have good branch angles, pruning them is the best to do. Pruning will help your trees have stable canopies, strong branches, and a much steadier body.
- Select trees that have strong root systems. Remember that trees with shallow roots cannot resist strong winds compared to a much deeper one. It is best to plant trees that are not near utilities, powerlines, and buildings. In that way, you will not be in trouble when removal and uprooting happens.
- If you think that it will be over when your trees topple, then you are wrong. Toppled trees can still survive as long as the root system is still intact. All you have to do is dig pits around the trees. After that, push the tree back in its position. Also, you need to ensure that all roots are well-covered and the branches are well-pruned. It will encourage regrowth.
- If you have observed that your trees start to affect your powerlines, contact the electrical company immediately. If the company will not provide pruning services, you can call a tree service company right away.
Additionally, you need to ensure that the people you want to have within your property are professionals and experts. They must have skills, tools, and equipment that will make excellent outputs. By hiring professionals, you will never deal with danger and harmful elements.